Pages

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Vectorworks Manuals on Your iPhone


I am really excited to see my monthly manuals on my iPhone. I found an application you can buy from the iTunes Application store for viewing PDF files called PDF Reader Pro, which you can buy from http://www.yuyao.com.tw/pdfreader.html


The reason I like this app, is that you can use WIFI to upload files to your iPhone. This means you can read your PDF files when you are off line. It means you do not have to download the PDF file each time you want to view the file.

Using this app, I was able to see my Short Sharp Training on my iPhone. If you are a subscriber, you would have noticed that the new manuals are formatted in A5 format (about 1/2 letter size). Formatting the manual this way means there are more pages, but it also means that the manuals appear really well on the iPhone.

I can't wait to see this on a bigger format device like a kindle or iPad.

Now, if you do not want to buy this app for your iPhone, you can use other methods.

One way is to copy the PDF file to iDisk . This will allow you to view the PDF online, but it will force you to download the file each time you want to view it.

Another method is to use DropBox . Dropbox is an online storage system.

You can set up a folder online, and then copy any files you want to it.

This will allow you to view the PDF online, but it will force you to download the file each time you want to view it.

If you are not a subscriber, you can join here.

No comments: