Pages

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Vectorworks 2010 Tutorial Manuals on Windows 7

I have just had an email from a client using Windows 7. He was having trouble seeing the movies I've embedded into the pdf copy of the manual. This is not unusual if you do not open the PDF with Acrobat Reader. Normally this affects Macintosh clients, because they have a habit of double clicking on the PDF to start. 


The solution on a Macintosh is to right mouse click (control+click) on the PDF and choose Open With... and then choose Adobe Reader. 


The solution is similar on window 7. Here is my reply from the client:
1. Insert the disk into the disk drive. On my computer, with windows 7, I go to the windows icon and select "computer". The selections change and there is an "eject" option.  This opens the drawer to the Disk Drive.
2. I insert the disk and after a bit of spinning I am given a menu of choices so I select "Open Folder to view files".
3. At this point a screen entitled Paper Port opens. On the left is all my computers files and on the right a big screen showing a page from your manual and the sub title or file name that is Essential_Tutorial_Manual_2nd_Edition.
4. Now I right click (not double click)this file and an option screen appears which allows me to "Open".
5. At this point after a bit the file is opened in ADOBE. AN NOW IT IS SHOWING YOUR MOVIES JUST FINE.

No comments: