Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Living with a Google Chromebook - 1


I’ve just taken delivery of a Google Chromebook. I’ve been wanting to try one of these for a long time. The first thing I noticed was that it is tied to your Google Account. This is not too bad if you only have the one account, but I have two google accounts. It’s OK though, it wasn’t too hard to sort out.
As Advertised, the Chromebook starts up very quickly. I think this means that I can shut it down rather that putting it to sleep, because the startup is so quick. This should save me lots of battery time.
One of my main concerns is the constant need to connect to the internet. I’ll have to see how this works out. My quick test was unsuccessful when I tried to work offline. Shame…. That means that I have to always be connected to write a document.

Because it uses the Google Chrome operating system, you can’t run Vectorworks on it, but i thought it might be useful for blogging and maintaining my website.

No comments: