Pages

Thursday, March 02, 2006

When you use the roof framer, VectorWorks calls a text file that contains your standard roof framing sizes. This text file can be edited outside VectorWorks which makes it quicker to edit, and you can copy and paste between files. On a Mac this file is stored in:


your user name > Library > Application Support > VectorWorks > 12 > Plug-ins > VW_Arch > Data > here are the files.

I opened up the files in a simple text editor and edited the file. I got rid of all the sizes that I didn’t want and added the sizes that I wanted. Now it has al my standard sizes in it, and when I reinstall VectorWorks, I still have the sizes that I want.


I haven’t found these files on a windows machine but I will look today. If someone wants to email me and tell me, I’ll update this blog.


No comments: