Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Backing Up

You must back up your computer and keep off site backups. I’ve had loads of clients say, “I have an external HD. I back up when I remember.” The reality is that the interval between backups is the amount of information you are willing to loose. So if you back up weekly, you are willing to loose a week’s worth of information. If you back up monthly, you are willing to loose a month’s work. So, how much work are you willing to loose?


There are several programs you can use to create automatic backups of your information. I found some that were free, some that cost less than $50. For the peace of mind, and for the security of your business, that is a small amount to pay. I’m just finishing off my user group notes about this topic and they will soon be online for all the subscribers.

No comments: