Pages

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Online Training for Vectorworks 2009

I have been working on a way to make my training available to everyone, regardless of where they are living. I have run some trials and Now I think I have a pretty good system worked out. 
In the past I used to run my courses in a classroom over one or two days, depending on the course. This meant a lot of traveling for me and often for the clients as well, as most of the courses were in Auckland. The challenge is how to get to a lot of people that are spread out in many locations.
At the end of 2008, I tried a system using online training. One course had 2 people from Auckland and one from Connecticut. It worked really well. then I tried a Landmark course with people from Auckland and Christchurch. It worked really well :
“I just wanted to say thanks for the online training. The fact that I could take the training from my office was a huge help. Jonathan showed me just how easy Vectorworks is and allowed us the time to put the task to practice during class time. Being able to ask questions along the way also made a difference, it helps to understand what you are doing at the time rather than being confused all the way to the end.

"I hadn't really given Vectorworks much thought. We had the package for 2 years collecting dust so to speak before we found out about the online classes. I'm still not up to speed on the whole package but there is some comfort in knowing the I can request a class on a particular skill and should enough other participants want the class that Jonathan can make it happen.”
That has given me the confidence to add more course and set them up on my calendar. There are courses for landscapers, architects and users that want to get more out of 3D modeling. To see all the courses and the schedule, click on this link.

No comments: