Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Eye Care for Africa

Last weekend I met Niall McCormack at a party and he told me about his goal, creating an eye care facility in Africa (https://www.eyecareforafrica.org.nz). The purpose of this is to:

It is Eye Care For Africa’s goal to work with these orphanages and other organisations to provide eye care to some of the most marginalised groups in the countries of Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda & Kenya.

There are so many children whose eye sight is in dire need of appropriate attention, children with such conditions as cataracts. We are working with the teams at ground zero to help train staff and give these children the best possible eye care solutions.


Eye Care for Africa was founded in 2017 by Hawkes Bay based Optometrist Niall McCormack. It was formed to provide real eye care to some of the most marginalised groups in the countries of Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya.

I was really amazed that Niall wanted to do so much for others, just to make their lives better. I was amazed that someone could dream so big is to create an eye hospital in a foreign land. When it comes to having big goals and visions, I realise that I can do a lot more to help people.

My discussion with Niall inspired me to help out. It made me feel that I could do more to help, so I have offered to help with social media and Vectorworks modeling. This is going to be my donation; putting time, energy, and creativity into the project.

If you think that what Niall is doing is valuable, please consider donating to his project.

Don't be surprised if you see a lot of posts from me showing the development of the project. If you like this, please share and comment.

No comments: