Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Book Review - The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Book Review - The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

I have read this book more than once, and I rate this book very highly. I have the audiobook version of this as well, so I can hear the book in the car or in when I'm doing something else, like bike riding.

The seven habits are so important to not just your business, but also your life. So, you could say that is book is not just a business book, it is about creating a highly effective lifestyle.  Stephen R Covey uses the phrase highly effective rather than successful, because the book is about achieving what you want, which other may not see as successful.

When you first look at the habits, they seem like common sence. As Stephen R Covey says, common sense is not always common practice.  Here are some of the my favorites:

  • Be Proactive
  • Start with the end in mind
  • Put first things first
  • Think Win/Win
  • Sharpen the Saw

The reason I read this book so often it that it helps me to get myself back on track, and put the important things first (not always money). This book also helps me to think about my business and when I look at my copy, the margins are full of notes and ideas.

Do yourself a favor, read this book.

No comments: