Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Model View Tool, broken, or a waste of time?

I have just been trying to use the model view tool.

This tool is an old one and dates back to the time before we could make live sections and elevations on sheet layers. I saw an email where a Vectorworks user was having trouble with it.

I haven't used this tool for ages, so I thought I would have a play with it. There are a couple of challenges with it. First it uses layer links so that it can rotate the layer links to the chosen orientation. The problem with this is that layer links are not as powerful as viewports. The other problem is that you can't look at the model view with Top/Plan view turned on. You get the roof in plan, while the walls are in 3D.




Instead of using the Model view tool, you are better to make your own viewports on sheet layers. 

No comments: